Tagged by goldfish945 :)
This tag is to get to know the person behind the blog better. As with any tagging game there are rules:
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
- Who is your favorite Avenger and why (Loki counts!) 100% Loki. I’m actually a bit embarrassed to admit this but I’ve read very little actual Marvel comics, but based on what I have read and what I’ve seen, I’m definitely a Loki girl. It’s weird because I’m not the kind of person that roots for the villain but there’s something about him that makes me want to cheer for him, and the fact that Hiddles plays him so well and with so much compassion makes it hard to do anything but love him.
- How old were you when you had your first kiss? Wow, um, this is kinda difficult to answer because I honestly don’t know. If we’re talking about initially kissing someone of the sex/gender you’re attracted to (like a peck on the lips or something similar), I think I was about 12 or 13. If we’re talking about kissing in the sense of it leading to something more—that wasn’t ‘til I turned 19. I was very much the proverbial “good girl” throughout high school.
- If you could choose between teleportation and invisibility, which would you choose & why? Hands down without a doubt invisibility. Teleportation would also be cool, but if I could become invisible, I could theoretically jump on to any train, plane, or automobile and travel, which is something I love to do. As weird as it sounds, I’ve always wanted to be invisible ever since reading The Invisible Man, even though it ended in tragedy. I love to people-watch and as creepy as it sounds, following different people around all day to discover what they’re like sounds absolutely fascinating to me. The only thing that I’d take issue with is if I didn’t have control over it—I wouldn’t be able to deal with being invisible 24/7.
- What musical instrument do you wish you could play? Ugh, Kate, this are all really difficult questions! Ummm, shit. There are so many instruments I WISH I could master, but I think the piano comes in at #1, followed closely by the cello. I played the flute for years when I was younger (which I didn’t really enjoy), and then just recently I’ve started playing the bass (which I’m still crap at), but I’ve always had something of a love affair with the more, erm, classical instruments.
- What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? It’s not really a favorite for any particular reason except that I’m lazy and it’s something to just throw on all the time, but I have this blue and white stripey pullover that my sister bought me from The Gap ages ago. I own SO MUCH outerwear but I always end up throwing this particular piece on.
- Have you ever made any sudden, drastic changes to your appearance? I have! Somewhat recently, I lopped off about 20 inches off hair and went for a close-cut hairstyle. I walked into my parents’ place and my mom proceeded to fall on the recliner and start crying, screaming “your hair is shorter than your dad’s!”
- Do you feel like you take risks in your life? Probably not as much as I’d like. I’m an extremely impulsive person and that sometimes leads to reckless and irresponsible decisions, but they’re usually kinda insignificant things, like the hair-cutting I just mentioned hahaha.
- If you could start college/high school over again with the knowledge you have now, would you & why? As much as I disliked the majority of it, I think I actually would. I would try to branch out more and take advantage of career and extracurricular opportunities it presented that pretty much never make themselves known later on in life. I also would’ve taken more time to study for the SATs, hahaha.
- If you were all-powerful, what is the first change you would make in the world? Oh man. WHY AREN’T THESE QUESTIONS LIGHT AND FLUFFY. THIS FEELS LIKE A JOB INTERVIEW, KATE. Any answer I give to this questions is just going to make me look like an airhead because I am just going to be shouting “WORLD PEACE!!!!” with no way of knowing how to actually go about doing it. In all seriousness though, an ideal world for me would be one where everyone was able to put food on the table and pay their bills without having to worry about whether or not they had enough money to make it through the month. It makes me sick knowing that people out there spend $3,000+ on a pair of shoes at the drop of the hat when there are families that have to worry about whether or not they’ll be able to afford groceries.
- Which character from Mean Girls do you identify most with? OK, I’m probably going to get skinned for this but I’ve only seen this movie once and I didn’t particularly find it amusing so I don’t really remember enough of it to be able to say. Although come to think of it, I’m probably that girl that doesn’t even go there. That, or Tim Meadows’s character because I just like him as a human being.
- What is something you regret? Not calling Jim when he gave me his number. Biggest mistake I’ve ever made, to be honest.
My questions for the tagged:
- If you could only read one book (fanworks included), listen to one album, watch one movie, and eat one food (and not become sick of any of them) for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What is the proudest moment of your life so far?
- How about the most embarrassing? Try not to just generalize by saying “I embarrass myself all the time…” I want specifics!
- Do you have any phobias that aren’t considered particularly “mainstream,” for a lack of a better word?
- If you could live life as ANYONE (alive or dead) for a week, who would it be and what would you do in the allotted time?
- Is there any particular thing about yourself that you wish you could change? Like bad habits or undesirable personality traits?
- If you were forced to live life with only three of the five (traditional) senses, which would you choose?
- Is there something in life that always makes you feel better, regardless of how bad a situation you’re in? (i.e. a song, a person, a book, etc.)
- You’re given $100,000 and told that you aren’t allowed to save any of it, invest any of it, pay off any bills with it, or give it to friends, family, or charities, or buy a house and/or car with it, and you only have 24 hours to spend it (so buying a ticket to fly somewhere a month later doesn’t cut it). How do you spend this sum of money?
- Is there a certain way you think you’re perceived by strangers? Like, if there was a certain Family Feud-esque questionnaire that surveyed 100 strangers and asked them to label you with a cliche, what do you think they’d say?
- Is there anything that makes you feel immediately sick to your stomach? Something that upon seeing or smelling, you immediately feel the need to actually vomit?
Tagged: goldfish945 (am I allowed to tag you back, OH WELL, I AM), alwaysthewoman, miurt, sullengiraffe, ironycompleted, genrespanner, leberet, katiebelikov, theashcroftmoon, ivyblossom, mazarin221b, consultingasshole, futuristicprostitute, elpy17